oc design questions
so i've seen (and created!) some questions about OCs themselves... so here's something different! these are about various aspects of OP design and development, from the perspective of a creator.
- what do you use your characters for- art? writing? roleplay? some combination of those?
- how do you start designing a new character?
- what's your overall design philosophy for characters- do you put personality above all else, or physical appearance, or their role in the story, or something else? how does this affect the design/development process?
- what phase of character designing is your favorite? least favorite?
- which characters are your favorites, overall? why?
- which characters have your favorite designs? why?
- which of your characters has gone through the most changes, and what were those changes?
- which of your currently active characters is the oldest? how old are they?
- do your characters tend to have any recurring themes? is this deliberate, or does it just happen?
- do your characters tend to have certain personality traits in common? is this deliberate?
- what do you do when an character doesn't have as much of a "spark" as you'd hoped, or otherwise doesn't click with you very well?
- where do you get inspiration for new characters?